I'm officially on the market
Late last night I submitted my first resume to a company in Texas. My resume has been handed out before, but this time I'm applying for specific positions. The company is Bell Helicopter in Hurst, TX (near Ft. Worth). I applied for three jobs. One is a casting and forging position, the next is fatigue and fracture (my favorite), and the third appears to be a surface treatment position (anodizing, plating, process management). There are some more that I will be looking at later in the week. For each job I have to modify my resume and cover letter so it takes a bit of work to apply for several jobs. So I'm officially in the job market. Today I also started with Lockheed-Martin in Ft. Worth. Their aeronautics company and missile and fire control company are based there. I'm looking at (you might want to sit down) a nano-materials job and a polymers job. There I said it. They aren't metallurgy jobs, but they are very good research based jobs and could spring-board me into an academic position someday if I want to go that route. Hopefully, by the end of the week I'll have applied to a few more jobs. In other news, I have returned to writing today. I plan to finish my background section within the week. If I do, that will be a huge relief.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home